ODE TO ERNST




This summer I spotted one of the best looking pots I have ever seen as I was standing with my mother on the escalator of Åhlens City. It became my summer gift to myself, because really, why not get a heavy terracotta pot as hand luggage when travelling? Ugh. It still sits at my mother's house waiting for me to come retrieve it.

Mind you, I have never been a dedicated member of the Ernst Kirschteiger fan club, though I have dipped my toe in his pond a few times. When he eventually branched out into design the product line wasn¨t my cup of tea. In the past two years the brand seem to have come into its own with new products and great styling, just scroll down this page to see what I mean.

I visited the shop in shop at Åhlens City in Stockholm and was intrigued by how many of the items I not only approved of, but simply adored. What had looked dead on screen seemed to come alive with its irregular surfaces, colour variations and beautiful proportions to both hand and eye. If you are curious about the Ernst collection, look past the Zoolander portrait of the designer himself and browse the catalogue here. Or better, go have a look.
IMAGE: PRODUCT IMAGE and PRESS IMAGES ERNSTFORM.SE

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar